Guess what guys? I GOT A TURTLE!!! Yep, that’s right, a real, live turtle. My mom rescued him in her backyard and I’m told he is a “red-eared slider” and if we’re being totally honest, I’m not even sure if he is actually a he. Since I’ve never owned a pet turtle before, I’ve been doing a bit of research and I’ve also gotten some really great advice from a friend of mine who is basically a reptile expert (in fact, he’s the reason I know what type of turtle my little Tommy is!).
We got him a little turtle habitat thing with a lazy river and a basking platform, but apparently that will only suffice for a few months. He’s about two inches long now, but they can grow to be 12 inches! I’m honestly not sure this is the best fit for me because they are high maintenance (according to the sources I’ve read) but we will see. I might just take care of him until he’s a bit bigger and then release him in the rainy season to live a happy life in the wild.
If you are considering getting a pet turtle (because they are SO STINKIN CUTE) please do yourself a favor and research first!
In other non-turtley news, today is Friday and that’s FANTASTIC!
Want to know what else is fantastic? The fact that I am actually writing this post through to the end, and then I’m going to publish it! LOL Now there’s something for me to celebrate… I’ve been slacking lately and I really don’t know why. I have all of these great thoughts while driving around or falling asleep, and then when I sit down to actually write, I just forget everything I ever wanted to say. It’s frustrating and I usually just get annoyed and walk away… Anyone else ever have that problem? Is it seasonal, perhaps? How do you overcome it? HELP!
Since it’s Fantastical Friday, I thought I’d share a few things that have made me happy recently:
- Baby Turtles
- Children’s advice for adults – written by Peta (so heartwarming!)
- The new Outfits by Cladwell app… It picks my outfits for me! What?!
- Hello Fresh – I always have 3 gourmet meals each week that are EASY to cook, and the ingredients are delivered right to my house! I only grocery shop for like salads and breakfast food now. I couldn’t be happier about that. Use my link and save $40 on your first week of food!
- The gym – yep, I said it. I’ve been going almost every day for the past 2 (3?) months (that’s probably where all my extra time has gone, tbh) and I don’t regret it! It makes me happy and makes me a calm ducky. For that I am grateful.
- Stitch Fix – because having an app to choose outfits for me wasn’t enough. I also like to have my clothes picked out and delivered to me (I’m laughing a crying over how lazy I’ve become!!!). I promise you won’t regret trying it out! You’ll probably even become addicted. I plan to write more on this soon. *wink*
*Disclosure: I almost wrote “2007” in the date. Also, I get credit if you use my links & make a purchase from Stitch Fix and Hello Fresh. I am NOT an affiliate – these are just my “friend” links that everyone else using the service gets. Just thought I’d be fair and share that with ya 😉